Hello to everyone that found my blog from My Asian Skincare Story’s post! Welcome to my blog. I’m sure you’re interested in which cushions for dark skin I’ve tried and how they’ve worked for me so far right? Obviously!
Here’s a compilation of the cushion foundation products I have tried for dark skin. For reference, my true to skin tone shade is MAC NW45, MAC Matchmaster 8.5 but I have enough yellow undertone that MAC Matchmaster 7.5 (NC50) looks like I’m just covered in a slight shimmer.
Click the titles to take you to the full reviews! Happy reading!
- Laneige BB Cushion in Dark. This product is a Target only exclusive in the US. Occasionally you can find it on Ebay. This was the first cushion foundation I tried. As it isn’t exactly my true to skin shade I mostly use this as a highlighter. It works much better for me that way.
- Kiko Cosmetics CC Cushion in Neutral 90. Available wherever there is a Kiko, this cushion was a great experience to test because it lived up to what I expected a European copy to be like. The only downside for me was the shade range, it’s dark enough but it’s Neutral which means it leaned very grey/blue on my skin.
- Kiko Cosmetics CC Cushion in Neutral 90 vs Laneige BB cushion in Dark. The next step was to compare the two! The reason the Kiko Cushion looks so gross is because it’s a tester. Thankfully the tester exists, because I don’t have any neutral toned dark skinned lady friends who would want a cushion.
- Lancôme Miracle Cushion 06 Beige Moka – The cushion that fit perfectly. Lancôme released a cushion foundation that wasn’t quite as good quality wise as other Korean cushions and came with an absolutely garbage puff, but despite its faults I like it a lot! Gives the coverage I want, at the colour that fits well and using a system I enjoy. Compared to the Korean cushions it really doesn’t stand up.
- DIY Missha Magic Cushion & YSL Foundation – If in doubt, do it yourself. I’ve been lucky in finding a cushion that fits me, but I know there are so many other people of all shades who really want to try a cushion but are struggling with finding a shade that fits perfectly. This is probably their best option, all you need is a foundation that you really like, a DIY case and you’re good to go!
For now, I’ve paused my cushion foundation journey. I have three cushions that I enjoy using, and as I’m not a huge fan of makeup anymore is probably overkill and will expire before I can finish it! However, if you know of any other cushion foundations for dark skin, I’m really interested in hearing about them!
Now I’ve moved on to other cushion-able things. My Asian Skincare Story wrote a blog post about cushion blushes that has lead me to want them more than anything. I wasn’t sure they’d come up on my skin, so I bought a few E.L.F liquid blushes and motivated by BeautyandtheCat’s DIY cushion blush tutorial, I’m going to be making one myself with one of the Missha cushions and an empty Laneige refill. So hyped!